Saturday, November 18, 2006

Free to a good home

One completely adorable, charming, loving male cat. Less than one year old.
Gets along well with other cats. In fact, he doesn't even really care about them. (I know, he's been in my house with my cat... shhhh, don't tell Mom.)
Proof.
His sister was hit and killed on the road last night. (I'm very, very, very sad about this.)
He's all alone now and needs more love. I will pay for his shots and have him neutered. Hell, I'll even deliver him. He's a very good boy.

In the future, I will refrain from naming anything "Splat". It was for the pumpkin colored splat of hair on her head. It turns out, it was a very unfortunate name. Excuse me, I have to go buy a shovel now.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the argument against making him part of the family after the neutering and the shots? He and the ninja already seem to be friends. And he needs the love, and it can't hurt you. I don't want to cause trouble, but there's nothing outside good for a cat. At all. Just inquiring.

WanderingGirl said...

Oh, he's going to start living inside tonight when he shows up for dinner. I am not allowed to have more than 2 pets in this apartment, and my quota is full. It's very hard to find an apartment that will accept 3 pets (since I move frequently, this is an even bigger problem.)

I am committed to finding him a perfect forever home. Doesn't Holmes need another friend?

Anonymous said...

I only wish. When cats get as old as she is, they are not accepting of younger cats and they tend to kill them, or we would have adopted three strays at the vets by now. My heart is with you on this one. I'll pay the apt the additional deposit if they let you keep him.

When my time comes, I will become the cat man, and maybe the dog man too. Too many animals out there.

The Mop said...

Thats just a heartbreaker....

Tish said...

Awwww. He's adorable. I'd take him if I didn't have two dogs that absolutely hate cats.

I hope you find a great home for him. I wish you could keep him! :)

So sad about his sister...

Tish said...

I absolutely love the last photo. :)

Crankster said...

I'd love to help; Jerome and Lloyd would probably welcome him, but Bagheera would, most likely, screech at him constantly, making life hellish here. She still hasn't forgiven us for Jerome, Bagheera, and our daughter George! I wish you the best!

Anonymous said...

Oh T...... my heart is aching too. I am so very sorry about your little girl. I think you are doing the right thing with Diego. If you were done traveling I would say make him your own. After all, three kids worked for us! Everyone I know is already above quotas with pets, but I will keep my eyes and ears open. When will people ever learn to be responsible with their animals?

WanderingGirl said...

Thanks everyone. And Mom, eventually I will have a two-legger-type grandchild for you. Someday.

Anonymous said...

OMG OMG you just broke my heart....AND i have a thing for grey kitties. male greys. damnit.
where do you live - what state?? how old is the boy and what is his name?
i'm seriously considering your offer. he's adorable and i want to squeeze him.
i have 3 indoor, declawed cats about 5 yrs old. females are spayed and male is neutered.
however, i have 2 8 month old boston terrier pups. how does the kitty feel about dogs?

we should talk. the CEO has my e-mail address.