Sunday, November 19, 2006

It was too easy...

Mullet hunting at a country music concert. Really, it was way too easy. Here's one from the dance floor. There was so much good people-watching to do (and so much hideous hair) that I didn't bother taking pics of the other 300+ mullets in attendance. The place? Cattle Annie's. KD and I went to see Craig Morgan, who I love. Well, it didn't work out quite the way we planned since he didn't go on until 10pm (instead of 8, like it was listed) thanks to a 1.5 hour performance by the opening band (decent but not great). We only got to see Craig for 1 hour before splitting back to Farmville. Of course, the one guy I danced with was FROM Farmville! Yikes. I'll be avoiding construction sites for a while. The good news? The fankle tolerated 3" heels for the night. Can you feel the fankle love?

This guy used the girl's butt for a beer holder. I swear, during half of the dance he had the bottle resting right along her crack. KD about peed herself.

KD and I had a long conversation about every pot having a lid. Sometimes I see really hideous people being all in love and I think, "What the hell is wrong with me?" I don't know whether to feel good because obviously, the pot found its lid, or to feel horrible because if hideous people can find love, there must be something unfixably wrong with me. The conversation ended with me yelling "I'm a great pot, damnit! Where the hell's my lid!?!?!" I'm very cool. Then we get to the concert and some guy gets on stage and proposes to his girlfriend. One less lid on the market. This is my "WTF!!!" fake smile. (Please note my newly cut and colored hair.)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whatever happened to swords and scabbards? They made sense to me more than pots and lids. Be the scabbard!

Anonymous said...

Someone from Farmville talking about mullets? At a country music concert no less? Maybe if you weren't filled with hate and/or condescension, you could find a lid that actually wanted to be your match. FYI... the schedule clearly says the opening act goes on at 8pm.

WanderingGirl said...

CEO- I have now officially converted to scabbardism. Screw the lids.

Anonymous- A)I'm not from Farmville, B) I'm a big fan of mullets. There's a contest. C) You clearly don't know me, and don't understand sarcasm, D)It's not common for a fairly unknown act to play for 1.5 hours, I just hated missing the rest of Craig's show b/c I love him, E) I love you too.

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!!

God i needed a smile today. THANKS!

"mullet hunting" BUWHAHAHAHA

And you are right about every pot needing a lid. Sometimes it's 'skeery' when they breed though.

Keep up the good wirk.

(Love the new cut and color)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like "anonymous'" mullet got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.... Bad mullet hair is enough to make anyone cranky! I have faith in your lid (or scabbard as the case might be) and when he arrives you will be sooooooooooo glad you didn't settle. Now, about Ct.........

Anonymous said...

Oh shit, that's funny. Reminds me, the last time I went to a barbershop (as opposed to a hair "stylist"), the man gave me a mullet. That's why I pay more than $7 for a haircut now. Mullet insurance.

Crankster said...

You missed the best one, though--the lesbian mullet. Yes, it's a real phenomenon.

Anonymous said...

Tiff, I think it is Hilarious that someone thought you were filled with Hate. That makes me giggle. Clearly the anonymous poster has Mullet shame. It is common among their breed.

Anonymous, sounds like you are the one filled with hate given the violent reaction. Not to mention cowardice given your unwillingness to post you name. My sister may love you, but I'm guessing your a punk.

WanderingGirl said...

I think the mulletude up there speaks for itself.

WanderingGirl said...

Bubby- I love you for that. Other stuff took, but today for that.

Tish said...

You have the most beautiful smile! Never stop smiling! :)

Anonymous said...

Mullets or no, you looked fabulous. Really. Even w/o the beer. Cheers, 'VJ'