Thursday, November 30, 2006

Welcome to the farm!! Things are slightly off kilter here. It explains a lot about me.
My Poppy. He hobbled right up to the table to cut the turkey. No stinkin' walker will slow this guy down! Pooh King was, of course, on guard just in case the old man took a fall. Not that he was going to be able to help The Oldest One, but he was going to make sure that turkey didn't go to waste. What a considerate dog.
They both took a moment to pose, then it was back to the turkey work! There they are. The holiday trifecta. L to R: Gram (the self-proclaimed Ancient One), my Pop (the Oldest One), and Ma King (the Old One). We all like to help Dad by telling him what to do. He appreciates it. No, really, he does.

When you leave the farm, the self-appointed departure committee sees you off. If you know the rules, you do a victory lap around the driveway loop blowing the horn and yelling whoooo-hoooo! It's just to make sure the departure committee knows how much fun you had.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to rename the blog "A service dog, a cat,....." and include the Rule Book for new readers in the future? It might make things easier.

Anonymous said...

Lots of room, as you can see. Ya'all come back....... ya hear?

Anonymous said...

Too funny. And I thought Lexi was the only dog that tries to use the Jedi Mind Trick to get turkey. By the way take that picture of dad making the angry face off. It freaks me out.

Zoo Keeper said...

Ah, but did you have apple crisp?? I made an apple pie (first time ever) that was pretty much apple crisp in a pie shell. It was very yummy. Almost had to make 2 - one just for me...

bakerquest said...

I'm totally driving around the circle and blowing my horn. I will try and convince peg to remove her top.

Anonymous said...

Julie, my apple pie is much like apple crisp in a pie shell too. Well done. Chris, forget getting Peg to drop her top.... simply showing the new baby bump will keep me smiling for weeks!

WanderingGirl said...

CEO- I only call him a service dog when they won't let him in somewhere. When they tell me he's supposed to be wearing a vest, I say "How am I supposed to tell he's not wearing a vest? I'm blind." Works every time.

Old One- see you in a few weeks.

Ryan- No way. It's not my fault that you saw that face way too much as a teenager and it still scares the shit out of you.

Jules- Apple crisp in a pie shell is really really good if you throw some cranberries in with it. Ma King is a genius.

Baker- Ummm, I don't think your wife/my friend should flash my parents. My Dad doesn't have a heart condition yet, but I don't want to induce one either.

Ma- no kidding.

Anonymous said...

I definitely heard apple crisp, and I am so hungry. I need the recipe.

WanderingGirl said...

CEO- I've got that!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic house!!! Oh what I wouldnt do to decorate for Christmas in THAT house!!! Id go nuts. Hey thanks for the comment today, and for coming by- I always love knowing whos out there in blogland reading :) I love your post about dumpstercat and all your poker parties- and thanks for reminding me about postsecret! I had almost forgot about that (Im gonna link it now) See you around!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous house!! Maybe I'll stop by for a visit sometime. hehe. :)