Monday, November 27, 2006

We love pie


My old man. He loves him some pie. When you tell him there's no pie left, he makes a face like this. It's kind of like the nanosecond before the Hulk starts turning green and tearing his shirt off.
The true story is there were two pies... one cherry and one apple-cranberry. With two pies and 3 people, we never ran out of pie. I gave it a valiant effort, though. Both pies were delicious. I should know. I ate a lot of pie last weekend!
This is how the Big Guy looks when he's happily resting with a piece of pie in his hand. It makes his new hip feel better to have pie.
Pie makes us all happy.

10 comments:

mist1 said...

The world would be a better place if there were just more pie.

Anonymous said...

A superhero reference interlaced within a soliloquy that celebrates the merits of pie? Well played. Plus 10.
When you can work Batman in there somewhere, you will be ready to leave the dojo.

Crankster said...

We need more tributes to pie. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I know I'd be a lot happier if I had me some pie!

Anonymous said...

My feeling is "simple simon" got a bum rap in nursery rhyme land. Maybe he was a super hero too, just in a good disguise. I do love the shirt Amanda gave me that just says "PIE FOR STRENGTH". I promise........ more pie at Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Although I do agree with you on the finer aspects of pie, I find it disturbing that in a good southern family thanksgiving dinner there is one pie missing, the grand-daddy of pies or as Ralphie in a Christmas story would put it the "coo-de-grah" of pies the pie that deserves an A++++++++, Sweet Potatoe Pie, Now if Ma king has a recipe for that it will qualify her to be placed in the annals of all time greatest bakers of all time

Anonymous said...

Oh Frozen Dad, do keep in mind that Ma King is a forcably TRANSPLANTED mid-westerner, made to wear the disguise of a southern belle. No sweet potatoe pie here, but I can make mincemeat with real meat in it that will make your Mama cry for the recipe. Sign me up for the annals........
Ma King herself

Tish said...

YUM. I love pumpkin pie! And btw, that photo of you is beautiful. :)

E :) said...

That photo of your old man is hilarious! And you look beautiful. The pie also looks good... Mmmm.

WanderingGirl said...

Mist1- I'm convinced we were seperated at birth, or we lost you at a gas station when we were kids.

PaperBoy- Batman ate pie with us. Take that.

Crankster and CEO- Anyone who doesn't like pie should be strung up and lashed in public.

Scotty- I have been thoroughly chastised for not having EVER had sweet potato pie. And I refuse to try mince meat. It just sounds wrong.

Mom- No mincemeat. Please.

Tish- mmmmmmm, pumpkin. On the list of best pies. Thanks for the compliment!

e- My Poppy is a very funny guy. And the older he gets, the more stuff we can get him to do. I love aging.