Thursday, November 9, 2006

One week ago...

One week ago today I was asleep in Jamaica. Finally asleep. This first shot? It's what I looked like at 12:30am after arriving at Reagan National in Washington D.C. I got up at 5:30am, worked a full day, and later that night took a 3 hour drive to D.C. My brainiac idea was to get to Reagan and sleep. That's right people, I said sleep. At the airport.
So this is me, trying to sleep at the airport. It was a futile effort. I sat, I slumped, I folded in half. At one point, I even laid down on the floor. Gross, but true. Finally I succeeded in falling asleep... for about 5 minutes. Then a very kind cleaning person starts yelling...
"Mam! Mam! Maaaaaaaammmmmmm!"
That bastard woke me up 5 minutes into my slumber to tell me there was a much quiet place to sleep around the corner.
Game over.
The flight to Ft. Lauderdale was quiet enough. In the 1:28 flight, I slept for about 45 minutes. Once we got there, though, the party started. The majority of the wedding party boarded the plane for Jamaica, and off we went. No sleep 'til, duh-duh, Jamaica! Waaaay too much party going on during that flight.
This is on the bus from Montego Bay to Negril. There were about 30 people on it. Red Stripe flowed like wine. Some people were literally buying it through the bus windows (along with ganja... Jamaica is a crazy place.) After an hour and a half bus ride, we got to The RockHouse in Negril.
The cabanas had these little patios overlooking the sea. Way too cool! After having dinner at the RockHouse restaurant, I called it a night. I had been awake for around 40 hours (minus the little bit I got on the plane). But first we caught an amazing sunset over the water.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like torture LOLOLOL

Anonymous said...

Jamacia is by far my favorite island......hope you were able to stay awake (and sober) long enough to appreciate it's culture & karma. Negril is great......any cliff jumping at Rick's Cafe? More details girl, more details. I'll be waiting patiently for the next blog entry. Glad you're home safely! Love, Amy

Amy said...

Beautiful I tell you! My brother is heading to Negril in 2 weeks. They are staying at the new Sandals Resort.

Anonymous said...

Another EXCELLENT adventure, Ted!

mist1 said...

On the floor of the airport?

Oh. Dear. G*d. No.

Anonymous said...

You convinced me. Time to head out for Jamaica! But, I am not sleeping on the floor of an airport, particularly not Reagan Airport.

WanderingGirl said...

Turnbaby- welcome! The torture is to be written about soon... Jamaica is not a place that I can look pretty!

CT Amy- You can keep it! I can't look pretty in Jamaica. Cliff jumping at Ricks (which has just reopened and is very very touristy now) and off the bridge at the RockHouse was fun for all!

NC Amy- I hope he has fun. Just tell him to stay inside the resort or at one of the touristy places... and only take a taxi with a red license plate.

Mist1- No shit. I'm fully recovered after much Lysol and delousing!

CEO- See above!

Anonymous said...

oh, the cool kid w/ her cowgirl hat. that's one pist off cowgirl!

WanderingGirl said...

Matt- Bite me. That's one lucky hat.