Friday, November 10, 2006

Interesting

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Midland
The Northeast
The South
Philadelphia
North Central
The West
Boston
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes

5 comments:

WanderingGirl said...

By the way, I can never get the links to work.

mist1 said...

Hey, you talk like me. A decade in the south and I can't shake this accent.

Anonymous said...

I don't talk to anyone anymore. I type.

Anonymous said...

I've read about this. There really IS no standard American English, except when spoken by national broadcasters.

I speak northeastern but don't have a more locale accent (no one could pin me to Vermont or New York and certainly NOT to Boston!)....

Interestingly, the speech pattern switches from northeastern to southern right at the Potomac, where I live. The midland accent begins someonewhere in western Pennslyvania....

Black people from the South are usually the ones to ask me if I'm from New England or north of New York City....

Anonymous said...

Some people get mad b/c they mistake class and region when they speak of accents.

One girl was like, We don't an accent. But she was from WISCONSIN. To me, they talk funny.