Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Drill press jewelry

Today, a patient told me she makes jewelry.

T: Whaaaa? Jewelry? I love jewelry. Tell me more.

Patient: Well, I collect the tabs from cans. Like cans of soda, beer, whatever.

T: Wow, that must be interesting. What kinds of things do you make?

Patient: Belts, earrings, bracelets... things like that. Yesterday I got a drill press.

T: Really? How does a drill press fit into jewelry making? (especially since soda tabs already have holes in them.)

Patient: I just needed one.

T: Okay.

12 comments:

The Mop said...

I've reviewed the Review, and decided the bitter mistress, and decided:
Thumbs down for originality, since it's about how she feels about other peoples sites.
Thumbs down for thinking anyone cares.
Thanks for being a an OG Troll!!!

WanderingGirl said...

Thanks Mop! I'll be posting about it tonight. I asked for it though, so I got what I wanted. Stay tuned.

mist1 said...

What's a drill press? I know what a coffee press is and I know what the drill is, but together, this means nothing to me.

Anonymous said...

Clearly a brain trauma patient.

Anonymous said...

Great punchline.

I once worked in a nursing home for, like, six weeks and one guy would always introduce himself to me. He looked like Vincent Price but his name was DAN Price.

Then he'd say with great fanfare: What's my name, Matt?

"Dan Price."

"Dan Right!"

Anonymous said...

oooh, soda can tab jewelry... sounds classy. ;)

The Mop said...

I hope this is for sweeps week!!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know one of my neighbors was a patient of yours.

Anonymous said...

That guy is totally hip...and I don't mean the broken kind.

Copy and paste this link:

http://www.retrocrush.com/archive/poptoppin/

You won't be sorry.

Here via Ask and etc...

WanderingGirl said...

Kristi- a link to a 1975 pop-tab fashion book is worth a gazillion points. So, there you go, you're ahead of everyone. I hope you'll bring us more of that kind of crazy.

WanderingGirl said...

Mist1- I'm not exactly sure, except it seems like overkill for poptop jewelry.

Ryan- not so much.

Matt- That's good stuff from an old guy. I love old guys.

Webmiztris- expect something shiny in your stocking!

Mop- we'll see how it fares!

CEO- I could have told you, but I would have had to kill you.

WanderingGirl said...

Maigh- If I see it, something shiney will your way come. Promise.