I made it! It was a long drive (thanks to a backup on I-85) but the sky was blue, and the iPod full of good tunes, so all in all it was an easy drive.
Upon arriving in Farmville, I headed to Wally-world to pick up some groceries (sad but true, WalMart has about the best selection of stuff in town). Tomorrow is Metal Head's birthday, so we're having a potluck. She doesn't try new things. Seriously. Nothing new passes the girl's lips. So she made a list of acceptable foods for the potluck... mashed potatoes, chicken, mac & cheese, white cake with white frosting... I signed up for Pepsi and Mountain Dew. Now, Mom gave me a great recipe for a salad over the weekend, so I'm making that too. Not that Metal Head will try it, but everyone else will. I dutifully took my list to WalMart and picked up all the essential ingredients for the salad. Got home and realized I didn't get the soda. I guess I'll be hitting the store again tomorrow before noon.
An important lesson learned today? A) I should make lists... one would have kept me from leaving my coat at home, and I wouldn't have forgotten the soda, and B) I can run on the fankle! My groceries were loaded on the conveyer belt when I realized that my wallet was still in the car. Shock and horror! So I run out and grab it. Do you get it people? I ran! Since running is dangerous, I'm amazed I wasn't hit by a car or something. Of course, the poor guy behind me is left staring at my empty basket, purse still in it (what was he going to steal? It's not like there was a wallet there), and promising the cashier lady that I said I'd be back. Come to think of it, though, that would be a good WalMart prank... load up the conveyer and run.
Add it to the list.
Pics and stories from the feast will be posted tomorrow!
5 comments:
God bless the honesty of my fellow Farmvillians; of course, who's to say the guy behind you in line didn't rifle through your purse without taking anything? 'Probably didn't happen, but you might want to check your Altoids, is all I'm saying.
Ack--I had a similar experience on Saturday--left a whole boatload of groceries on U-Scan while I ran to get hamburger--took purse though and there was no line. Glad about the fankle--good news!
Paper Boy- No Altoids, but he would have discovered one hell of a lip gloss addiction.
Turnbaby- I'm just glad the wallet was in the car and not at home! Way more embarassing... I'm going to start team-shopping so I can wait in line while the other person runs for all the stuff I remember after I get in line since I don't use a list. Damn. I forgot pepper too.
did you happen to find a scrap of paper with the dude's phone number on it in your purse or does that only happen to me? ;)
webmiztris- No, no phone numbers. I need to borrow some of you mojo, though. Help a single girl out!
Post a Comment