So I know there's not really anything funny about burying a cat. Buuuuutttt, you have to remember that I 'm the girl who makes fun of her patients. Please understand the morbid humor in the conversation that follows...
TK as KD (friend who came to bury the dumpster kitten) reaches into the box to get Splat's body out of the secret hiding place: Careful KD, she's heavier than you think... and she's stretched out.
KD: Wow, she is big. That kind of changes the dimensions of the hole I just dug.
(TK is able to stop crying and lets go a little giggle.)
KD as she wraps Splat's body in a burial towel she brought with her: Do you want to see her again?
TK: Is she still dead? Then no.
Not so easy at the time, but now that I look back on it, kind of funny. Like funny-in-the-way-that-makes-others-uncomfortable kind of way.
No comments:
Post a Comment