Thursday, April 20, 2006

What a day!


Finally, finally spring has sprung in Klamath Falls. It was BEAUTIFUL today. So, guess where I had to be? Learning how to save lives. Yep, apparently the American Heart Association thinks that every two years you need to be retaught CPR. Well, now it's called BLS-basic life support. So while it was 60+ degrees and sunny outisde, I spent 4 hours breathing into a rubber dummy (who I promptly named Stan) and re-learning how to do efficient chest compressions. Now I'm good for another two years. Pooh King and I took advantage of the day the best we could and took some good long walks. Tomorrow's forecast is not quite as nice, but hopefully the rain will hold off for long enough to get in a good bike ride before hunkering down on the couch with Pooh and Oz, and a movie in the player.

In other news... has anyone run over their foot with a vaccum cleaner? I was cleaning up and Pooh got cornered. So, in an effort to get him into the bedroom so I could finish, I lifted the vaccum and moved it so he could run through. As he tried to pass, he bumped the vaccum and it hit my toes. The beater bar, in full spin, hit my toes. It turns out dogs have a very good reason to be afraid of vaccums.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

TK - Jeaner told us to check out your blog so Tosha and I were reading it at work. Tosha wants to know where you found the black lawn jockey because she wants one for her yard. :) She also wants to know why they have black lawn jockeys in Oregon. We're all missing you in F-ville! Laurie

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it doesn't surprise you that I have run over my foot with the vacuum cleaner. In fact, if I recall correctly it severely damaged my large toe nail and I was limping for least a week. My sympathies to you.

Amy said...

I am firm beleiver that vaccuum cleaners are dangerous. I have a nasty bruise from the other day to prove it. I am still trying to convince Neal to get me a maid as cleaning can be hazordous to my health.

WanderingGirl said...

Luckily I kept my toenails... but they're sore. I didn't know you could have sore toenails. I need a maid too.