Monday, April 17, 2006

a tisket, a tasket

I got my easter box. Okay, it doesn't rhyme, but what is a tisket and a tasket anyway? Mom sent a delightful variety of goodies for Oz, Pooh and me. I had to wrestle that damn box away from those two to get the stuff out before there was easter grass everywhere. What a fiasco! Oz is going to turn to the Teva-way of "looking" for her treat every time a package comes.

When I got home from work today, the handy-whoever for the house had mowed the grass! Ahhhh, the smell of freshly cut grass is one of my favorites. Even after it's been snowed on. So, when I walked around the back of the house (following the general direction in which the lawn jockey is pointing) I noticed that they even mowed the back. Even weed whacked around the broke-down hot tub. God bless 'em. But the yard, despite the hot tub, looked a little bare. I let Pooh out, and we ran up the steps to investigate. What do you think I saw? The lawn guy (and by that I mean the mower man, not the jockey) had taken the two ratty chairs that had been in the yard, and PUT THEM IN the hot tub. So now, I have a broke-down hot tub with seating for two. I love this place.

Carey Dill Knapper (aka Dillbert) also informed me last night that I am really not my father's daughter. She called while I was walking to the Safeway to buy a roll of duct tape. Dillbert was quick to point out that she couldn't believe I didn't have a roll of duct tape on me. Dad surely has at least 3 rolls of duct tape stashed at various places around the farm for any duct tape emergency. While she may be right about that, I would like to point out that I AM my father's daughter, as evidenced by the fact that I used the newly purchased duct tape to attach the hose from the dryer to the vent in the wall so I no longer filled the apartment with hot warm air. Duct tape use #72.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa! I am so glad the box got there, but am sorry that it didn't make it saturday like they said it would (probably). It's hard to get this mail delivery timing down when you keep moving! I am glad that you and my grand-critters liked the goodies. I say take the grass out of the box and give it to Oz. It's big enough to curl up in real tight if you get a little bit scared. Did you have a favorite funny thing? I had lots of fun buying crazy stuff for you and Amanda. Poor Ryan didn't get a box this year... that's Erins job now but I sure am looking forward to seeing them this weekend. So, hope for sun, take a seat in the hot tub, crack a candy bar and watch the flowers grow....... and know your Mom and Pop love you always.

Amy said...

Yeah I carry duct tape in the diaper bag...sad but true.

miss king said...

whoa now. you remind carrie dill that just bc a girl runs out of duct tape...doesnt mean you didnt have any in the first place.

miss king said...

a tisket a tasket I got my easter basket would have worked

WanderingGirl said...

Amy, if Grace needs duct tape to fix a blowout in the diaper, you need to rethink what you're feeding her.

Min, it wasn't a basket, it was a box. And good point about the duct tape.