Saturday, April 1, 2006

It's snow joke... again

This is what I awoke to this morning. Again today, it's been snowing on and off. Nothing is sticking now because the sun's out. It's weird.

Tonight's plan? "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes". True story.

And speaking of blondes, let's review how I almost killed myself today. Also a true story.
I decided to buy those "bed raisers" to pick my bed up off the floor a little further so I can store some stuff underneath it. So, I made the trek to Fred Meyer's to get them. Low and behold, they don't have the same kind Amanda has (the 5" or so cone-shaped ones) so my only choice is 3 1/2 inch tall square wood ones. I'm thinking, 3 1/2 inches isn't much height, but it says on the box you can stack 2 of them together for up to 7" of elevation. Sold! So I bought 3 boxes of them.

Let's fast forward to back at the apartment. Now, I'm pretty sure there's no good and/or safe way to do this alone. Well, I guess I can say with certainty now that there isn't a safe way to do this alone. First, I try to lift the entire bed, one corner at a time and shove these blocks (in stacks of 2) underneath the leg. Not good. I get 2 successfully on, then while trying to shove the 3rd under, the bed slides off the other 2 blocks. So I take the mattress off. 2nd attempt? Not much better. I get the 4 corner legs on. All that's left are the 2 center support legs. So what do I do? I take the remaining blocks and crawl under the bed. Not a good idea. I get midway into shoving a block under, and the whole shebang starts to slide. I escaped just in time. I was almost crushed by the bed. I saw my life flash before my eyes, and I don't think any of it was worth remembering. So, being the persistent girl that I am, I take the box springs off the frame and start over. Now, that's the easiest way to get the blocks under the legs! The trouble, you ask? Trying to get the box springs and mattress back on without knocking the frame off the blocks. Two attempts later, sweaty and defeated, I decided that 3 1/2" of height was plenty to get some extra storage space. Besides, if that f*#king bed were to fall off in the middle of the night, I might have a heart attack and die. True story.

Okay, and now the pics won't load. I'll try to add them later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is NO! way to die in bed!!!!!